Monday, November 9, 2009

Christmas is everywhere at the Thorpe home!



I know, I know, many of you may think I'm crazy. But I am so obsessed with Christmas! Every year on November 1st the Christmas decorations go up! We have two Christmas trees, lights all over the front of the house, and lots of decorations all over the house. We LOVE decorating.


This is one of our decorations. It is cinnamon scented pine cones in a basket with holly berries, and some snowman decor. It sits on our kitchen counter.






We have some great Christmas traditions. Every year with Christian's family we do a name drawing, gift exchange. We get together for a good dinner, exchange gifts, and have a great time!

Here is our tree! It's funny every year my mom would have what we called a "pretty tree" and I always thought it was so boring without fun kid decorations. And would you look at that, now I have one!


We get together with my family every year too. It is with my Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, second cousins, the whole shibang! There is about 40 people there, sounds crazy, but that is why it is so fun! We have the tradition of the kids doing the nativity, making and decorating cookies for Santa, each family singing, playing the piano, telling stories, whatever they choose to do, So cute to see the kids sing! Then we have a white elephant pass around story with some pretty funny gifts afterwards. Santa always comes and gives us all pajamas for us to wear on Christmas Eve. We eat, we mingle, but we always have a great time! I LOVE Christmas!




Here is Christian putting up the lights. Apparently he thinks they go in his mouth instead of on the house. For being scared of hieghts he sure does tough it out to get the lights hung for me! Luv ya dear! Thanks!




A new tradition we started last year was to go to Layton on Christmas Eve. Since we don't have kids yet, Christmas day can get very boring. So, we sleep over at my sister's house so we are there when her kids wake up to Santa! My parents come over in the morning so we can all open our gifts. And every year my step dad makes this AWESOME breakfast with eggs, potatoes, sausage, cheese, and a little piece of heaven!


Here is another decoration, new this year. Gotta love Tai Pan! I Love Josh Groban's song believe! what a better sying during Christmas than "we still believe"

So, I would say, ya! I love Christmas! I just love this time of the year. The people all buying gifts, the Christmas music! All of it! And, just to let you know we are not the only crazy ones, two other families on our street put their lights up the day after we did! That's how we do it on Gullane!!! Hopefully you and your family have a marvelous Christmas! Oh and I guess, Happy Thanksgiving as well! But really, it's just a day to eat lots of food.

3 comments:

jjtsoccer said...

Man! Christmas is soon going to take over Halloween too! Christmas music the day after, seriuosly! But I do have to admit I am more excited about the holidays then I have ever been. Maybe I am just in a good mood cause there is still no snow, yea!! Cute decorations!

Natalie said...

Brit, you are so cute! I LOVE that you LOVE Christmas that much. It is fun to see people getting into the spirit of it all so early. I'm excited for our Big Family Christmas Bash this year. See you then! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Cher said...

Um. I friggen love your blog! Ps. Your Halloween Costumes - brilliant. Second: the "We Still Believe" blocks on your windowseal are quite adorable!"