Sunday, March 14, 2010

Update #2

How do I go from blogging a few times a month to having to do 2 "update" blogs? Ugh! Oh well, here it goes for our February Update, I should really call it February and March update, since it will soon be over.

~Anywho~
How about I start updating, eh?

Well, in my previous post I talked about my friend Mandy who is pregnant. Things are going GREAT with her. They are busy planning, discussing, and arranging their new lives as parents-to-be! They have started to organize thier house and make room for a nursery, we are beginning to plan her baby shower and I am busy making her invitations! We are all so excited!!!

Also, in my previous post I talked about the strong little guy, Owen, who was recently diagnosed with diabetes. This is also going GREAT! Great for Owen, Mommy, Daddy, and siblings! We have all gotten down how to test him, give him shots, count carbs, measure food, and the list goes on and on. But overall we have realized this is definitely something we can handle!!! I am actually really excited for this weekend! My sister and Brother-in-law will be going on a cruise and leaving the children in the hands of me and Christian for half the week, and my mom and dad for the other half! I super excited! I get to see what being a stay at home mom really is! And they get to have a much needed vacation!


Let's see, what else has happened?
Well, I have another great friend who is also pregnant! We had a shower for her a few weekends ago and it was great! All the girls there were from High School so we were all able to catch up! It was so fun seeing everybody! It is so crazy how time flies! Every one of us is married, and everybody but myself and one other friend have a baby or are pregnant! So fun! It was a really fun time and Pattyanne got some really cool gifts!

I was also able to attend a concert downtown. It was the Up and Coming Tour at "In the Venue" My brother's band was actually playing in it. I headed there with a friend and met up with my mom and dad. They did AWESOME! Seriously! You know what you think of when you hear High School band, but it was great! They are all naturals! My brother is the lead singer, but he also wrote some of thier songs, and plays guitar on some songs. Pretty cool, hopefully they will be able to play at the Warped Tour! Check them out on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-Hill/176506727280?ref=ts

I think the last update would be the update most of you already know, but for those of you that don't, here ya go.... At the end of February, I lost my job. Not such a great update, but an update non the less. I worked for Sportsman's Warehouse for almost 6 years. It was pretty crazy to lose it, but in all honesty it was such a relief! For about 3 months I had been nothing, but miserable! Unfortunately new management came in and it was pretty clear after a few months that I would no longer have my position. Shortly after that I was let go. However, I am truly excited for my next adventure! I am not sure what is next for me, but I do know that I am happy at the moment and I can't wait to have a position where I don't live at work, stress constantly about work, and get paid the amount I deserve to do work! And I am soooo excited to never work a Sunday again! To answer your question, yes, Christian does still work there. For now, he is still currently enjoying his position, and since he does not work directly with the new management like I did, he has not had any problems, and he definitely has not been miserable. So, at this time we are very grateful for Christian having his position! We are sure that something will come up soon for me. And yes, when it does you can expect another update! (Until then, if you know of anything, please let me know.) Thanks!

So, that is our update. Hope things are well with all of my readers. (the 3 of you) Hopefully, with all of my free time now I can update my blog more often! Guess we will see!

1 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Good luck on the job hunt! You'll probably look back at this experience a year from now & decide that it was the best thing to happen to you!