Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!

Thanksgiving this year was with Christian's family. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays....OK, let me rephrase that, I love Thanksgiving, but only because of Black Friday Deals!!! Ever since I was 18 years old I would go shopping with my Mom and Sister on Black Friday normally sometime around 4am! I know some of you think I am crazy, but when you hear the deals you will understand!

So, this year we ate at Christian's sister's house. On our way there we drove past a house that still had the paper on their driveway. Well, anybody who actually looks at the ads starts early in the moring, so I convinced Christian to stop so I could take the newspaper. Yes, I guess technically I stole the paper, but I did knock on their door and was fully prepared to ask them if I could have it, but nobody answered....so I just took it! HAHA!

So, I spent most of my time at Tiff's house looking through the ads. And we ended up getting a great deal on a Nikon D3000! An awesome camera I have wanted forever! With an additional zoom lens, and Nikon carry bag! I was super excited! We were able to order it on BestBuy.com, without having to go to the store super early!
Our Thanksgiving dinner was excellent! Yummy rolls, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams, and of course turkey! We had two! John made a special one that apparently he cooked upside down! AMAZING! It was so moist! We were all super stuffed so we waited a bit to eat dessert and while we waited we listened to Adam, our nephew, play the piano. He is an amazing player! He even writes his own songs!


It was a great Thanksgiving, and at the end we took a family picture. Great shot Dev! Thanks for a great meal and a fabulous time!

SHOPPING!!!!


So, since I got my Office Manager position 4 years ago I haven't been able to go shopping on Black Friday because I have had to work at 5am. So, I check out the ads and then tell my mom what to get me, and hope that it happens. Well, this year my friends and I decided we wanted to go out at midnight. So, after we left Tiff's house I slept on the way home, and slept for about 4 hours until it was time to go shopping! Mind you, this meant I wouldn't get anymore sleep because I would have to go to work! Good part about that though, two of the girl's that came with me also had to work. So, I met up at the mall with Mandy, Ally, and Tiff. Mandy told us when she got there that Troy had told her of secret midnight deals at Walmart! so we headed there instead of standing in line at the mall. So, the three of us met up with Kaycee and Meghann and Ashlee at Walmart. When the clock struck midnight the associates ripped open the pallets of deals and we started filling our carts! We got DVD's for $2 and $7, pyrex dishes for $9, Video games for $10, and I got a new bedset for $35 bucks! (normally $80) We got everything we wanted and had a blast!

After Walmart, we headed to Toys R US, but it was an hour wait just to get into the store so we bagged that idea and headed to Fashion Place mall. It was about 2:00am at this point. We shopped around a little bit there, but decided we wanted to go back to Southtowne Mall. When we got to Southtowne we shopped in most of the stores, but there weren't any crazy good deals so just played around with the camera and tried on the ugliest things we could find! It was great! At around 3:30am we were all starving so we decided to go to Denny's for dinner/breakfast. After sitting for about 15 minutes we all realized how tired we really were. But oh well, we had to go to work!
That day at work was interesting, but a lot of fun! I'm just glad I had my friends there to be loopy with me!

0 comments: