Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crazy couple of days!!!

Well, I was so grateful for Sunday to come this week! Not only was I looking forward to a day off, but a day off that wasn't stressful! I had a good week, but some crazy things happened!


Monday we had an excellent dinner with the Thorpe Fam! We met at the Midvale Mining Company Restaurant. It was great almost everybody was able to come, and we hadn't seen each other since before Christmas. We had our own little room in the back so we were able to mingle a bunch! If you haven't been there, I suggest you go! It is great food at a pretty reasonable cost. Looks a little sketchy cuz it's just a little Ma and Pops place, but it's good. It was great to see everybody and I can't wait for next month!


So, that was the beginning of the week, I then had some things to look forward to, I was going to take Wednesday and Thursday off, go to Layton and hang out with my family. Sounded like a great plan until I got there, I went up on Tuesday night and hung out with my mom, just talking and staying up late. In the morning on Wednesday we were about to color my hair and my brother in law called to say he was going to take my sister to the hospital. She had mastitus, which is an infection you can get when you are breast feeding. She had just gotten over a bad cold, and the infection must have been caused by that. So, she was down for all of Wednesday and most of Thursday. So, my mom and I went over to her house to babysit the kids. So, it was a fun day for me, but not so much for Jamie. On Thursday she was beginning to feel better, but still needed some help, so I was there to play with the kids, clean the house, bathe and dress the kids, and help her out with Owen. I LOVED it, haha I can definitely say I'm ready to be a stay at home mom!!!

Wednesday was Kelby's birthday, so we had him open all of his gifts on the bed where jamie was lying down so she could see it all. Then since she was feeling a little better we took him to Mcdonald's for dinner. He was so excited to get whatever he wanted!! haha, he got a bunch of awesome Star Wars, pokemon, and Ben Ten stuff for his birthday!


Since Jamie was feeling better on Thursday we went to Classic Fun Center for kelby's birthday. It was awesome! We skated, played on the big blow up slides/toys, played in the arcade, and did lasertag. Kelby LOVED lasertag, and he was really good at it! We had the whole family there, but Christian, unfortunately. But we all had a good time! It's cool because they allow skates, rollerblades, scooters, and even strollers on the floor, so even owen got to go for a ride! It was a great place for a birthday party!!! I'm glad jamie was feeling better and got to enjoy it.

Shannon, Cody, Jeff, and Mom


How many Nana's will fight inside a blow up cage? Taylor loved it!



Friday Morning I woke up, got ready for work, and was thinking that I ended up having a great time. I did feel bad for Jamie, but was happy she was feeling better. So, I loaded up my car, and started it up, just then......
I hear a very loud clicking sound and the whole car is shaking, and there is a ton of exhaust smoke! So, long story short, I have to wait all day fro my car to be fixed. My mom nad I drove it over to Autozone (a very scary drive, I might add) and they tested it, turns out the 3rd cylinder was shot, we needed to replace the spark plugs, get a transmission flush, get an oil change and put it an additive. All I can say is I am SO SO SO grateful for my step dad, Jeff. He knows a ton about cars so, pretty much anytime something is wrong we buy the parts and he can fix it! So, yes, I got to have another day off of work and spend more time with the fam, but I would have rather gone to work then spend $130 bucks to fix my car!!! Oh well.


So, yes! I had fun, but along with it came some craziness! But jamie is doing great and my car is feeling better, so we are good to go!


Today was a great Sunday! I had a good lesson that the kids seemed to enjoy and the kids were pretty well behaved this week, we had a couple of rough patches, but overall I think it was a good class! Also, Christian got called to the primary today. He will be teaching the Valiant class 8-11 year olds. He is super excited!!! Already he has gone to sugardoodle.net for his lesson next week. haha He is glad he won't have to sit in Sunday School alone now. Even though we were both excited to start a Preach My Gospel class. Oh well, maybe next year. I am loving my calling so far! I have a great partner who helps out a ton! The kids are so cute too! I'm sure this year will be great!


I'm also sure, this next week will be great! hopefully my car and my family members will continue to be well!

3 comments:

Troy and Mandy said...

That is definitely a crazy week! I'm glad Jamie is doing much better. I'm sad we missed Kelby's birthday :( It would have been so fun to go! I am glad you are liking you're calling as well! That's awesome Christian got called to primary...he'll have fun. I'm excited for this weekend to FINALLY hang out with you...and for the SuperBowl! It should be fun!

Jessica said...

lol-- I'm not sure that partner of yours is ANY good!! Class was a little bit rough on sunday ... I need to come up with a good key word like "pretzel" to keep them entertained next week. maybe next week we can get Taylor to LOVE us again! Looks like you had an adventuresome week!

Jessica said...

Ok.. I need a photo of you and your dad for our lesson on Sunday. So if you wouldn't mind please send it to jessica(dot)demill(at)gmail(dot)com