Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our Day off!!

Well, Sundays and Thursdays are the BEST days of the week!!! Why, you ask? Because we don't have to go to work (well, most of the time) So, on our day off this past Thursday, we finally took down Christmas!!! haha I know I know so sad! The tradition is always to leave it up until after my birthday, but I guess I went a little far!!! haha
So, along with taking down Christmas comes cleaning the house! And our house needed it! I was also very glad when my husband willingly helped out! He dusted the whole house, including our fans, then he did a load of laundry (towels) and vacuumed the whole house! It was great to get some things accomplished!!!
Since we had done so much cleaning we both decided we needed to get out! We had gift cards from Christmas so we decided to go to a movie marathon. We went to Yes Man first. Pretty funny movie! Not as good as some of Jim Carey's work, but we laughed! Then we went shopping a little bit. If you haven't been to the district I suggest your go! It is like a mini Gateway! We LOVE it! So, we stopped at Claire's where they had a ton of clearance so Christian got some cute earrings!!! (ha! just seeing if you are paying attention!!!) then we went to Fanzz, Aero, and Zumiez. We went to Village Inn for dinner and then headed back to the theatre for a 3D Horror Flick! haha It was pretty scary, but the 3D was kinda pointless. Oh well, I don't remember the last time I saw a 3D movie!! It was fun!
So, we had a great day off!!! I love when we get things accomplished and have fun!!! We are so lucky to work at the same place and work the same shifts everyday!!! It is truly a blessing!!!
Then last night, Christian went to a Guy's Poker Night while I went to a movie with some girlfriends! We went to see 4 Christmases at the dollar theatre! It was so cute!!!! Great flick! Also, Christian won poker!!! So, he is now $60 bucks richer!!! Woohoo!!! That is always nice! He loves having his guys nights! I am glad we are able to have so much fun with our friends even though we are married! It is great to get out and hang with just the girls/guys once in awhile! I am glad my husband agrees! I love spending time with him, but we both need our "fun time" so it is great to be able to still do that!
So, we have had quite a fun time the last couple of days! Hopefully this next week is just as fun! We have the Thorpe Family Dinner and my nephew's birthday to look forward to, and I am going to spend a couple days in Layton which is always fun!!! Hope everybody is doing well! Have an excellent day and a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comments:

Troy and Mandy said...

Cute backgroud! I love it! That's so funny that you took down your xmas stuff...cuz I FIANLLY put it away too! Mine was down...just sitting on my dining room table ready to be put away. Sorry I missed 4 Christmases...that would have been fun! But I'm looking forward for Kelby's bday!!!