Sunday, March 15, 2009

Perfect ending to a long week!


On Saturday night I was abe to go to an amazing Relief Society enrichment! We had Jenny Phillips come and perform her parable of the Princesses. If you have not heard this I suggest you go get it! If you have daughters 10 and older it would be an awesome gift! If you don't know who Jenny Phillips is, she sings for Deseret Book. She has 4 LDS cd's out and she performs at firesides and Enrichments all over the world! she lives here in Salt Lake City with her husband and 3 kids. Her husband actually performs with her on this one, he narrates the book. It was such an amazing show. Her songs and her talk was so powerful and such an amazing way to bring in the spirit!!! I was lucky enough to share it with my sister and my best friend Mandy. I have purchased the book from Amazon and would suggest any women do the same! It is an illustrated book that also comes with the narration from her husband and has a cd with the songs she sang along with it. It is great! I wish you all could have been there with me! So moving!


So, since Christian was the babysitter I convinced Jamie to leave him with them a little longer, cuz it had only been 2 hours. So, we went to Deseret Book and I bought one of Jenny's cd's it was fun! We listened to it while we got ready for church today.

It was great to hang out with Jamie and Mandy more. We came back to the house had a late dinner and then stayed up talking until 1 in the morning! It was great! I love how close the three of us are getting! I LOVE that Mandy is basically family and Jamie's kids love to be around her just like she was thier aunt too! It was a great night!

OH NO!!!!


It all started when Christian and decided we needed to go in and renew our Temple Recommend. I went first, then it was Christian's turn. It all seemed to go fine, until they came out of the room and Bro. Klegg said, well I had to add a question for your husband in there and now I need to ask you....... Will you speak in sacrament this Sunday?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Seriously?

So, out of my mouth came, oh no, um, sure? And Christian said, "that's what i said!" He actually said in his talk today "I think the exact words I used when Bro. Klegg asked me to speak today was, OH NO! and of course he knew that meant, absolutely!" Wow! That is how they get you! Your meeting goes so well, he just gave you a temple recommend how could you say no? So, today we got to speak in sacrament. So, since Wednesday Christian and I have been stressing! But it went great! Our topic came from a couple scriptures, but it was basically to talk about the importance of following our Prophet and Apostles in preparation for General Conference. Actually it is pretty crazy we have lasted this long! We have been in the ward for a year and 4 months and are just now being asked to speak. Pretty cool! I really did enjoy it! I LOVED seeing and hearing my husband up there pouring out his feeling about the Gospel. I know he loves it, but it is not something we talk about a ton, so it is great hearing his testimony and having him tell the entire congregation how much he loves me and getting teary eyed while he says it. I LOVE IT!!! There is NOTHING sexier than a man dressed up in a tie and dress pants pouring out his love for you and the gospel! Call me crazy, but I'm serious! So, it went very well and I am so glad we were able to do it.


Jamie and the kids slept over at our house Saturday night so they came to church with us and I was able to have Morgan in my class. It was super fun! We had a great lesson "I am thakful for fish" I know sounds wierd, but the kids loved it! They got to go fishing and got little fish cookies! I LOVE teaching the sunbeams! Especially since I have such a great companion! Seriously Jess! thanks for being so understanding with my crazy schedules! You are an excellent teacher, I couldn't have asked for a better companion!



After church we came back home, had some lunch and then they went home. Now I am listening to my new AWESOME cd and getting ready for our hometeachers to come over. I LOVE Sundays! They are so relaxing! Going to church, then coming home, listening to great music, and just relaxing! Oh, and watching Amazing Race!!! Love that show! Hope you all had a spectacular Sabbath as well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to tell us before you speak when you speak in church so we can come hear you!

Troy and Mandy said...

I had an AWESOME Saturday night with you and Jamie! It was a blast. I love grocery shopping at night, it made me think of Weber! LOL Oh good times! We need to get together like that more often! Maybe next time Jamie and the kids are at your house I can sleepover and come to church with you guys! I wish I could have heard you and Christian speak! I know you guys did great and it sounds like you did too! Love you tons! 12 MORE DAYS TILL VEGAS BABY! Oh and I checked Jet Blue and to Vegas: 47 seats taken and back to SLC: 29. So it's all looking good for flying! I'm not worried in the least! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY