Sunday, March 22, 2009

Salt Lake Temple Session


Christian and I had Thursday off so Wednesday we decided we wanted to go to the Temple. I was talking to my sister about it and she suggested we all go to the Salt lake Temple. We were sealed there, but we had never done a live session there. So we were excited! My Mom and Jeff got to come too!


We all met downtown on Thursday night. It was great because Jamie and Jon hadn't been able to go since before Owen was born so I was glad we were able to go with them! Being in the Salt lake Temple just reminded me again about getting sealed. Having my Mom and Sister right by my side the entire time! Answering all of my questions! And feeling the spirit and sharing their spirit with me! I LOVED it! Jamie and Jon were chose as the witness couple so we didn't get to sit next to her during it, but it was great to watch them!



The live session was amazing! It made the session so real for me! And of course moving from room to room was pretty cool! And each room was gorgeous!!! After we were done we got to sit in the celestial room which is so pretty! I hadn't been in their for 3 and a half years so I had forgotten how amazing it was! The architecture and the details they put on every wall and ceiling is outstanding!



It was a great experience! I am so glad I was able to share it with my family!


"I LOVE to see the temple!
I'm going there someday, to feel the holy spirit, to listen and to pray"

I am so grateful for the chance I have to attend the Temple WHENEVER I want!!!! I am also grateful for a Husband who wants to do the same thing! He LOVES the Temples! I Love to see him during the session. Nobody will ever look more beautiful than the day you see them in the Temple all dressed in white!!! I promise you! Anybody who has been there with their spouse will agree! It is amazing!

We have decided we are going to try to go to the Temple once a week. Anybody who wants to join us is MORE than welcome! My sister and I decided we should have a monthly Girl's Temple Night too! That would be awesome! I will keep you posted!

I'm excited to add to our list the Salt lake Session! Also, in two weeks we will be adding one more! Las Vegas! I have heard it is one of the prettiest temples inside, so we can't wait! I'm excited to take a break from our vacation and be able to attend the Temple! It was definitely the best day off we have had in a very long time!!!

Game Time!
After work on Saturday we had a Thorpe Family Party. We had to close and didn't get off work until 8:30, but Natalie called us and told us they were still partying! So, we headed out to Daybreak. It was great to see them again! the whole family couldn't make it, but we were there, with Christian's parent's, John and Nat's fam, and Tiff and Henry's fam. They were just finishing up their scrabble game when we got there, so we munched on food and talked and laughed with them until they were done. Then Christian picked the next game ~ Beyond Balderdash. It is a fun game and turns out to be a hilarious game, but man do i suck at it!!! So, I was very nervous, but I was on my game that night and kicked butt!!! that's right I won! I think I need to mark it on my calendar and all the Thorpe calendars because I won a game of Balderdash!!!
Christian's family is all about the games so normally I have a good time losing! But it is still fun!
We had a great time! I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard! We always have a great time with his family! And guess what I remembered to take pics, however, when I went into my purse to get my camera I realized I had left it home! So sad! Oh well, just picture us crying from laughing so hard! It was great! And actually while we were there we made plans to attend the temple all together in April!
So, we had a great couple of days! Now I am just super excited for Vegas and St. George! I get two vacations in two weeks! Woot Woot!

0 comments: