Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great Week!

We had a spectacular week this past week! Work went well, slow, but well. I was able to do a bunch of catching up which is always good! We had a fabulous girl's night on Wednesday! I love getting together with just girls every once in awhile! And the more girl's the more fun we have!!!

On Thursday I had a much needed day off and was able to get things done around the house, and Christian and I ran some errands. We have decided part of our tax return is going to a cheap elliptical, the rest is going in savings. Thanks to Turbo tax we are excited because we are getting a great return this year!!! Hopefully we can get a good "Baby Bank" going! If you have never used it and are wondering, YES!!! Buy it!!! WE spent $26 to get our taxes done this year!!! Can't beat that! It is super easy to use! We are grateful we can get money back without paying a "taxman." So, we went to Sears and Walmart to check out their elliptical. We found a couple that we like, but we are going to look around a little bit more so we make sure we get the right one! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! I am just excited to work out from home on my FAVORITE piece of gym equipment!

Any who~ So Thursday night I met up with Meghann, Jenna, her daughter, and Leann. We started at Red robin at the District for dinner. I got their chicken tortilla soup, YUMMY!!! We had to save room for the theatre popcorn!!! It was great to hang out with Meghann and Leann again, and also great to finally meet Jenna! Meghann's long time friend from High School, whom she talks about all the time! She was a lot of fun and her daughter was adorable! So, after dinner we walked to the theatre to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was a cute movie, kinda strange, but cute. I would recommend seeing it, but wait for Redbox! I am glad I got to hang out with them and see that movie! It was a great night!!! (Pics were forgotten) I love this pic of her though, it shows how we all feel when we just HAVE to have that perfect item!!!

Friday was just a normal day of work, lots of phone calls, data entry, gift cards, dailies, coupons, more phone calls, and stupid Customer charges making me want to rip my head off!!! I HATE taking the spot of an Office Manager who was literally retarded and how NO CLUE how to do her job. This means I get to come in after her and try to clean up the mess. Our corporate office is being audited right now and they are wanting record of all of our old Gift Certificates that were hand written, well since I have been there, 2 years now, I have yet to find them. So, I have people calling left and right trying to get the numbers and I can't help them, that is fun, let me tell you!!! Anyway, it really was a good day at work, plus I got to work with Meghann for a little bit. She left to go shopping with Leann, but text me around 6 and told me she wanted us to meet her at Training Table for dinner, so we did! It was fun and really yummy! It was crazy packed! I didn't realize how popular Training Table was! Weird! Anyway it was fun and Christian was finally able to meet Leann. It was a good night! (Again, no pics)

Saturday we worked and it was a normal day, but unusually slow for a Saturday. Maybe it just went slow because I so excited!!! After work we were going to the Temple Open House!!! We were super excited! It was awesome! We met at Subway for dinner first. It was great because we were able to get so many people to come! Me and Christian, Jamie and Jon and their kids, Mandy, Troy and Nick, My Mom and Jeff, Cody and Shannon, and my Aunt and Uncle, Linda and Frank! We ate the cheap and yummy $5 foot longs at Subway and then headed over.






You park at a church and then take a bus to the Temple. We waited for about 45 minutes for the bus, but we made it fun by taking pictures, and laughing at Owen's new cheesy grin! They first led us into the Chapel to see a film about Temples which was a great beginning! Then we boarded the bus and headed to the Temple. It was awesome because it was night time so the temple looked gorgeous all lit up! It was great to go through with Mandy, who has never seen a Temple. She was so excited! And the kids LOVED it too! I am so glad I was able to be there with my Best Friend on her first time and be able to explain things to her and see her reaction to things! It was a great experience and I am so glad we went!


After the Temple Jamie and Jon and the kids were able to come back to our house and sleep over! We put the kids to bed and played games. We played Whoonu, I LOVE that game. We played a bunch of different rounds! It was great! The next morning they were all able to come to church with us! We had a special Relief Society Lesson so I didn't have to teach. We went into Singing Time where I got to have Morgan in my class and Jamie sat with us too! It was a good singing time, better than most. We only had one kid acting out, instead of 4!!! YAY! That night I cooked a dinner for all of us, and Mandy and Troy came over to Join us as well! I made a maple and brown sugar ham, au gratin potatoes, corn and rolls, Mandy brought a salad, and Jamie made a raspberry dessert and lemon dessert. It was a great dinner and fun to have them all over!



We had a good time with the kids, we watched a veggietales movie, played games, and Jon decided Owen needed a little ride. It was pretty funny because he loved it!







After dinner Mandy and Troy stayed to watch the Oscars! It was fun, but we realized it is a little boring. I actually felt asleep for a little part of it. But it was still cool to watch it, especially with friends over! Mandy decided it is a tradition. If anybody wants to join us next year you are welcome!!!
So, we had a lot of fun! I LOVE having Jamie, Jon, and all my cute little nieces and nephews over! I get to go to their house this week! I am going to stay over Wednesday over to Thursday, cuz I have Thursday off. I'm excited to play with them again. So, it was a great week, followed by a great weekend!

0 comments: