Sunday, July 5, 2009

HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!


July is one of my favorite months! I love fireworks and I LOVE parades! I LOVE that living in Utah we get to celebrate twice!!! I LOVE getting together for barbecues with family and friends! i LOVE that the weather is nice!!! I LOVE walking outside and seeing that American flag waving in my yard each holiday! I LOVE that the boyscouts put them up and take them down for me! (If only Christmas lights were that easy!)



I LOVE America!!!

Today started out to be a terrible Fourth of July for me!!! Instead of going to work I stayed home throwing up. (and just to stop your thought process right there.....NO I am not pregnant) So, Christian went to work while I stayed hom e and tried to sleep. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, luckily! I started feeling better around 3 or 4. So, I was able to actually get out and enjoy myself. I am NOT a homebody so I had to get out of the house! Since my friends from work were having a relaxing barbecue I decided I would be ok to go. Plus I really just wanted to get out.




So, we got dressed and Christian drove us to Ashlee's place! I'm really glad I went! I ended up havign a great time! Very chill, very low key, but very fun! We had a little barbecue, hung out, talked, and listened to music. After dinner Ashlee pulled out twister! You will see by the pics below that they had a great time! I was the designated spinner since I didn't want to test my luck! After Twister we watched the fireworks. Ashlee's backyard has an amazing view so we were able to see a bunch of different shows! Plus her brother was lighting some of his own.

Being silly with the camera!!! Got a little out of control!!!










Me, Ashlee, and Meghann


Christian and Jake


Meghann, Ashlee, and Landon(who looks a little freaked out!!!)


Twister Fun!!!

So, in the end my fourth was great fun! Nothing crazy, just chillin with friends! It was great! Now I can't wait for the 24th!!! We sleep over on the parade route downtown every year!!! so excited for that!

Hope everybody had a great Independance day!!!

2 comments:

Meghann Kassing said...

BTW I suck at twister! :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

You are going to sleep out for the 24th parade? Holy cow...you ARE a die hard, aren't you? Glad you ended up having a fun 4th!