Thursday, August 20, 2009

Island Park, Idaho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meghann's family invited me to come along with them to Island Park to go to their cabin and hang out and play! I was so excited!!! Our car ride went very well, and was very fun!!!


So, their cabin was gorgeous!!! Huge wood beams allover the house! A gorgeous view out the front back and sides of the entire cabin! Plus, I got my own room downstairs with my own bathroom! They were very nice to me! So, the first night we just relaxed, watched a movie, and hung out. And I went to bed in my very cold room! (This is a good thing for those of you thinking it's bad! I LOVE to sleep in the cold because then I can cuddle in the blankets, it was heaven!)




The next day we woke up to delicious blueberry pancakes!!! Thanks Lori! Lori needed something to make syrup so Meg and I took the Razor to the store it was super fun! It's like a 4 wheeler, and we took this little back path, just for ATV's. I loved it! At the store we decided to play the Idaho Lottery!!! HAHA which basically means we put in a quarter and ripped of the tabs to see if we won! We both won a quarter! The most you could have won was $4o bucks!!! haha


After breakfast they decided they wanted to go down to the river and feed the fish and the birds. It was fun!



We even saw a muskrat!






Then her dad had the idea to go get a raft and float down the river. It was awesome! It was such a pretty view! We saw birds and fish and a bunch of other animals! Halfway down the river there was a rope swing, so Carter and Meghann swung on it, but Meg was too chicken to actually jump in the water, but I don't blame her!!! The water was super cold!!! So, we had fun! I think her boys really enjoyed it!




We saw a moose going down the river! It was awesome!





After rafting we stopped at Subway for lunch which was great because we were all starving!!! then we went back to the cabin to shower and relax a bit. Brett (Meghann's Dad) had gotten a new grill for Christmas and wanted to use it so that night we had really yummy hot dog shaped Hamburgers (we only had hot dog buns) While we were waiting for dinner Meg and I decided to go for a ride on the Razor, and this time she let me drive!!! It was awesome! We went down this trail that was really cool, pretty bumpy, but fun! We thought we were having a great time until Meg decided to blurt out, "Ya know, there could be bears all over the place out here!" Thanks a lot Meg!!! But we realized it was time to head back anyway when we saw this Mountain in front of us......



Okay, so the picture doesn't do it justice, but I swear it was huge!

So, I turned it around and we headed back. But it was way fun to drive it!


Our next day there we had another delicious breakfast this time made by Brett and his new grill! Hash browns, bacon, and eggs! Very tasty!


That day we were heading into West Yellowstone. We drove about a half hour into Yellowstone to see if we could see some animals, but only ended up seeing a bunch of Elk. But it was really pretty! So, we went back to the town and got some really yummy Ice Cream and walked around the shops a bit. the town is so cute, it is such a small town feeling! I loved it!
It is such a cute town! Super small town vibe, and lots of cute little shops! They said in the wintertime you only see snowmobiles, no cars!


That night Lori made an amazing dutch oven dinner and peach cobbler! I think dutch Oven cooking is my favorite type of cooking ever!!! and she did a great job!!! After dinner we sat out on the porch for about 2 hours eating our cobbler and just talking. It was perfect weather and such a pretty view I couldn't get myself to go inside!



That night we were pretty wiped so we just went to bed after talking on the porch. the next day was our drive home. I had an awesome time in Island Park and I am so so so glad I went! We are planning a trip there in September or October and this time with Christian!!! We can't wait!!

0 comments: